We are growing! Bonton Associates has an immediate opening for a Engineering Project Manager – Transportation in either of our Louisiana locations (Baton Rouge & Shreveport).
This position is responsible for managing all phases of transportation engineering projects for the organization, providing guidance to the engineering teams working on projects, and assuring the successful achievement of project/company goals.
The ideal candidate would have complete knowledge of the AASHTO Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets (Greenbook), along with the application of principles therein.
At Bonton Associates, we understand that our people are what make us most successful. We strive to create a workplace culture where people love coming to work everyday and where everybody has the opportunity to succeed and advance.
- Implements Project Management Planning principles on all projects under their responsible charge (scope, quality, risk, communications, opportunities, etc).
- Monitors project performance metrics and adjusts project approaches and other factors that influence these metrics when necessary.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Leads multiple moderate and major projects.
- Leads client and subconsultant negotiations.
- Facilitates project planning and initiation.
- Reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
- Develops new techniques and/or improved processes, materials, or products.
- Assists upper-level management and staff as a technical specialist or advisor.
- Develop project WBS and associated scheduling and fees.
- Coordinates project encoding, resource allocations, and reporting.
- Leads internal and external design team in all components of project delivery.
- Leads project closeout tasks.
- Assigns tasks to and directs engineers, technicians, and administrative staff.
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of the engineering work.
- Prepares and manages scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Supports the identification of project opportunities.
- Supports preparation of proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
- Organizes and leads community service programs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from Accredited Program
- At least 1-3 years of Project Management Experience.
- 4+ years of Transportation Engineering experience.
- Ability to obtain Project Management Professional (PMP) certification in a reasonable timeframe.
- Ability to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) certification in a reasonable timeframe.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Auto-CAD and other design software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to acquire basic knowledge and develop specific job-related skills.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Displays initiative in the advancement of individual professional development.
- Learning skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Customer service orientation.
- Team interaction and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently.
- Planning and organizing.
- Attention to detail.
- Stress tolerance.
- Normal, corrective vision range; ability to see color and to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend and reach for long periods of times, including periods of time on construction sites.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Bonton Associates is a fast-growing professional services firm specializing in municipal water resource planning, design, and construction management services. At Bonton Associates, we embrace innovation and support it with a commitment to continuous professional development and an unwavering commitment to the efficient delivery of our services. Our Clients understand and appreciate these virtues, and they trust us to deliver responsive solutions to their water resource and public works infrastructure challenges. Our clients include municipal public works agencies throughout Louisiana. Bonton Associates highly values intuition, client responsiveness, accountability, and teamwork. If this sounds like this might be the perfect fit for you, consider joining our team!
Bonton Associates is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, service member status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, or any other protected classification under applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $88,928.00 – $104,517.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)
Work Location: Multiple locations
Work Remotely: No