GIS Analysts support project delivery processes and asset management strategies for water resource infrastructure through the use of GIS technology to present spatial information in various digital formats.
- Assist in the creation and updating of new and existing GIS maps and map layers for water and wastewater infrastructure using ArcGIS.
- Assist with GIS, data management, and mapping services in support of project delivery, project controls and construction management teams.
- Assist in producing project approaches, cost estimates and schedules.
- Assist with coordinating GIS and CMMS databases for water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Assist with GIS mapping and data collection tasks.
- Utilize various software packages and information from various sources (MS Access databases, MS Excel spreadsheets and documents such as deeds, field notes etc.) to create GIS maps and other data visualizations.
- Assist with digital feature extraction from multiple data sources.
- Assist in the projections and transformations for project deliverables.
- Assist in the development and implementation of improved project delivery workflows through use of GIS systems.
- Assist with GPS data collection and post-processing for high accuracy data specifications.
- Assist with GIS metadata creation.
- Assist with georeferencing Raster and Vector data.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in GIS, geography, environmental science, or closely related natural science field, with master’s degree in similar field a plus.
- Experience working with the ArcGIS Desktop platform is required (ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Online).
- Experience working with CMMS Systems (CityWorks, Cartegraph, etc.) a plus.
- Basic GIS skills, including data analysis abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Prior GPS and applicable natural science field experience a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- 401K Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
How to Apply
Applicants can view and apply for this position via its LinkedIn listing.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Bonton Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.