We are growing! Bonton Associates has an immediate opening for a Transportation Engineer in either of our Louisiana locations (Baton Rouge & Shreveport).
This position is responsible for the application of transportation engineering planning and design principles in support of project delivery.
The ideal candidate would have complete knowledge of the AASHTO Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets (Greenbook), along with the application of principles therein.
At Bonton Associates, we understand that our people are what make us most successful. We strive to create a workplace culture where people love coming to work everyday and where everybody has the opportunity to succeed and advance.
- Researches and recommends appropriate standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks.
- Exercises judgment to determine and apply design approaches for conventional tasks and projects.
- Utilizes basic knowledge related to design and construction contract documents (including SOW, General terms and conditions, Purchasing, etc).
- Assists in developing WBS for specific project milestone and deliverables.
- Expands proficiencies in the use software solutions in the development of overall design deliverables.
- Performs due diligence and recommends the basis of design to execute specific design tasks.
- Prepares deliverables such as construction drawings, cost estimates, draft specifications, technical memoranda, and visual aids.
- Assists on other tasks such as: preparation and submission of permit applications supporting quality assurance reviews, risk assessments, etc.
- Collects, manages, and analyzes datasets required for projects.
- Participates in project closeout tasks.
- Involved in community outreach and service.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from Accredited Program
- 1+ years of Transportation Engineering experience.
- Ability to obtain Engineer-in-Training registration in the state of Louisiana.
- Ability to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) certification in a reasonable timeframe.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Auto-CAD and other design software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to acquire basic knowledge and develop specific job-related skills.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Displays initiative in the advancement of individual professional development.
- Learning skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Customer service orientation.
- Team interaction and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently.
- Planning and organizing.
- Attention to detail.
- Stress tolerance.
- Normal, corrective vision range; ability to see color and to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend and reach for long periods of times, including periods of time on construction sites.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Bonton Associates is a fast-growing professional services firm specializing in municipal water resource planning, design, and construction management services. At Bonton Associates, we embrace innovation and support it with a commitment to continuous professional development and an unwavering commitment to the efficient delivery of our services. Our Clients understand and appreciate these virtues, and they trust us to deliver responsive solutions to their water resource and public works infrastructure challenges. Our clients include municipal public works agencies throughout Louisiana. Bonton Associates highly values intuition, client responsiveness, accountability, and teamwork. If this sounds like this might be the perfect fit for you, consider joining our team!
Bonton Associates is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, service member status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, or any other protected classification under applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $62,979.00 – $89,578.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)
Work Location: Multiple locations
Work Remotely: No